Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Casey's Coast to Coast

Image result for casey's coast to coast

Ever since I found out that IHEART Radio has a channel dedicated to Casey Kasem's classic American Top 40, it's become all I listen to.

IHeart alternates random broadcasts of '70s and '80s countdowns. The older they are, the better I like it. What's more, there are no commercials! And it's free! The internet has found it's killer app!

I used to listen to the dulcet tones of Casey Kasem each week, when it was somehow important to know where my favorite pop songs fared on those Billboard charts. It didn't hurt that Kasem was the cartoon voice of Shaggy on the old Scooby Doo cartoons. A cultural pinnacle of the '70s!

Casey is gone now, and sadly, not gone well. Here's my own long distance dedication to Casey and A.T. 40:

"Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars."--Casey Kasem




No comments:

Post a Comment