Monday, November 23, 2015

A Farewell to A Kidney

So, the OEM parts may not be all they're cracked up to be.

Showing on a ct scan done in preparation for hernia repair surgery was a nasty tumor on one of my kidneys. Last week, I had another surgery to take out that kidney. I still have a good one left, which is all to the good. I'm hopeful that the upcoming pathology report will be promising.

It's been a whirlwind of medical procedures, doctors, nurses and hospital rooms. It has not been the very best of months that I can recall, but, on the other hand, living in the twenty-first century in the NYC area has certainly proven to have its advantages.

The big city turns off a lot of people, with its traffic, crowds, dirt, crime, pace and impersonal character. But, the big city is still, and always has been, where the big dogs come to play. With all its faults, the big city has the very best of everything also. The highest culture, business, finance, widest choices, entertainment, science, education and medicine reside here in the big city.

That's the city I know and will always be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment