Monday, March 7, 2016

My New Toy

                                     

I picked up a nifty item called Google Cardboard. It's a cardboard viewer that, with the help of a compatible smartphone, provides a really cool version of virtual reality.

It's much more than a ViewMaster on steroids, but that may be a reasonable description. With various apps you can get an approximate feeling of various travel locations, walking with dinosaurs, or expanding you own phone videos into an IMAX experience.

Viewing for too long may cause nausea in some people, so small doses are probably a good idea. I can't wait to sample some of these virtual experiences, like a wild rollercoaster or mingling with zombies.

Way to go, Google! I'm still  looking forward to a Holodeck, but I'll settle for an autonomous car.

No comments:

Post a Comment