Saturday, September 5, 2015

I Diggs it

                                                   

I finally got around to seeing Hedwig, just a couple of weeks before it ends it's very successful run. My daughter was interested in seeing it, so with a friend of hers, off we went to see the show.

Taye Diggs, last in a long line of Hedwigs didn't wow the critics when he began his run, but a few weeks into it, I have to say, WOW!, he was terrific! I hate when it takes longer than opening night for a cast member to really get the part, but apparently this was the case. (They ought to review it again!)

The show itself was a powerhouse, and since I had never seen it before, I had no preconceived notions about it, and that was fine. Now I know what all the hubbub was about!

I really didn't want it to end. Great performances, a great band, great music...simply a great show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment