Monday, August 3, 2015

That 70's Binge

                           Image result for that 70's show

That 70's Show was a show I always actively avoided. A Fox offering, I was predisposed to believe that it wasn't worth my time, and for it's entire run of eight years, I never saw a moment of it.

Now that Netflix has taken over so much of everyone's home entertainment, and mine too, the phenomenon of "binge watching" has become how many people consume their home entertainment. Binge watching is just plowing through an entire series of television shows, made possible first by the advent of DVDs and now by Netflix and other streaming services.

I don't know what made me start to watch episode one of the first season of That 70's Show (boredom?). It ended nearly ten years ago, and I knew nothing of the show at all, other than That 70's Show was always "That Show I'd Always Avoided".

Well, the show somehow tickled my funnybone, and the next thing I knew was that I was now binge watching That 70's Show! I am into the third season of the show, and I know that there are 200(!) shows in total to see and enjoy, commercial free.

I'm sure there are better ways to waste my time, but there may not be too many ways that are funnier. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment