Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Just The FAQs, Please



Image result for 10 questions



I've been at this blog for a few years now, and I figured it was long past time to have a post like this, trying to answer a few questions, clear up a few ambiguities. Here are ten questions that nobody has sought to ask, with the answers that no one was clamoring for. If I've missed anything pertinent, feel free to post questions in the comment section.

Q.  What the heck is a "Psychic Infection"? What does it mean? Do you think you're a psychic?     Are you ill?

A.   As seen on the lower part of the front page of my blog " Psychic Infection":
 The spread of psychic effects or influences on others on a small scale, as in folie a deux, or on a large scale, as in the dance and witch manias of the Middle Ages or the spread of hysteria or panic in a crowd.*
* Psychic Infection definition taken from http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com
I am not psychic, but occasionally I'll catch a cold.

Q. What's the point? Are you just one of those America hating Libertards?

A.  I guess you could call me that, if you were of a particular Conservative stripe. I don't hate America, but I hate when America falls embarrassingly short of it's own professed ideals. I suppose I'm a progressive liberal, and proud of it.

Q.  Why should I read your drivel? Do you think you have anything worthwhile to say?

A.  No reason at all to read this blog. It's just my own hobby, an outlet for myself. If I think I have something worth saying, I'll blog it. My readership is mostly bots and web crawlers, so if it's not your cup of tea, don't read it.

Q.  So you don't want to hear any opposing views? It's your way or the highway?

A.  Actually, I would encourage any and all comments on this blog. I don't care whether or not you agree with me, I do not edit other view points. I'll only remove vulgar language and spam.

Q.  What's with all the goofball videos?

A.  Just a bit of whimsy. Stuff I like or am amused by that I like to highlight every now and again. Someone my age has an annoying propensity for nostalgia, and it often comes out here.

Q.  Are you some kind of journalist?

A.  No, I am that twenty-first century version of a pamphleteer, now called a blogger. I'm not a journalist, but I yearn for the days of ethical and responsible journalism. I respect journalism, but I'm strictly op-ed. This blog contains my opinions, beliefs and interests.

Q. What's your plan for Psychic Infection? Why no ads?

A. There used to be a couple of ads on here, but I don't think they really fit in, so, for now, no ads. I don't have any specific plans for Psychic Infection, other that to just keep on keepin' on. We'll see where it all goes.

Q. Why a picture of the Brooklyn Bridge?

A.  I took that picture about thirty years ago (you can make out the World Trade Center in the background), and I've always liked it. I grew up in NYC, and this blog does seem to have a New York sensibility. The picture and font confer a noir-ish feel that appeals to me.

Q. Yes, but why? Why a blog that is often such a downer? What do you think you are doing?

A.  "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation,"- Thoreau
Blogging, for me, is a great way to release the desperation, and break the quietude. The result may be a downer, but there is no up without down.

Q. Whatever.

A.  Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment